Thursday, June 15, 2017

The Squirrel is Real

The Squirrel is Real is a domain name I purchased over a year ago when I decided it was time to have open discussion about ADHD. What it is. What it is not. What it is like managing ADHD as a child and as an adult.

I have found over the years that the perspective on ADHD widely differs, both among medical professionals, and among those who are diagnosed or are close to someone who is diagnosed.

Some do not believe ADHD is a real thing. Some believe it is real but thinks everyone with ADHD should be medicated, while others believe it is real but are not sure what to think and how to address it.

The brand statement I chose for the site is Creative Support for Creative People. What I have found is that people with ADHD need a healthy outlet and that often comes in the form of expression through their natural talents.

I have since let the domain go as I was not regularly updating it with new information. However, it is at topic that I would like to create some real discussion around.

My next step will either be repurchasing the site, creating an app, or creating a separate blog for this topic. Either way, I am excited to hear what you all have to say on this very important topic.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment