Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Do you know what is amazing about praying friends?

Like most people, I like to think I am pretty level headed and tough when it comes to handling life's various challenges. Earlier this week, I found myself feeling very stressed, discouraged and even lost on what direction was right for my life.

Not knowing what to do, I knew I needed to reach out for some encouragement and guidance. I turned to a social network of family and friends who regularly post positive and encouraging things (not to post the details of what I am going through but to express that I am stressed and need some guidance).

The response from so many was heartfelt prayers, love, encouragement, and support. Many not only posted right then but posted back later, or sent me a text message, or called later, and the next day, to ask how I am doing and to breathe encouraging life into me.

Do you know what is amazing about praying friends and family? It is the fact that anyone can help you on their own power. But friends who will petition the power that is greater than all of us are friends that want the very best for us.

To those friends and family I extend my most heartfelt thank you. I also want to encourage others that even when you feel alone you are not. There are amazing people in the world. Surround yourself with those people, both physically and via social media. Social media, like many other things in life, is about what we make it. These family and friends make it a place of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment