Saturday, December 26, 2015

Getting back to your talents

It occurred to me, today, that it has been quite a while since I did one particular thing that I once loved to do and that is spend time writing. Writing is, and has always been, a passion that is very close to my heart. I have been blessed to self-publish three books and be offered a publishing contract (although I did not sign it on advice from my attorney).

Writing holds magic for me. It is a creative art form like so many others that we have the opportunity to partake in. The beautiful thing about writing is that everyone has a story to tell. That being said, anyone who desires, or needs, to share what is on their heart or on their mind can share in this way.

It is time for me to get back to that place. Not writing, for me, is like being away from home. There may be other things that hold your attention for a while but there is no place like home. Home is where we find peace, strength, and restoration.

Something to think about...... Have you spent any recent time on your art form? If yes, how much and how productive has it been? If no, why not and what would it take to get you back there? If you have a multitude of talents, what is your strategy to express yourself through them and encourage others to do the same?

I want to encourage you to embrace your talent and spend quality time enhancing it. We all have responsibilities but life is about balance. Spending time on your art form can provide benefits to you and to those that you inspire.

Thoughts, questions, or comments? Please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment