Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Rant Wednesday: The young man was high or vulgar

Yesterday, something disturbing happened to me and I am having a hard time shaking it from my mind.

WARNING: Before reading any further, the content is a bit disturbing so please do not continue reading if it could possibly be bothersome. I will not use any curse words or profane language but will just say enough to help understand what this young man said to me.

Here is what happened:

When I pulled up to a stop light yesterday, I kept hearing someone yelling, "Hey" from two lanes over. I looked over to see who was yelling and it was two young men hanging out of the passenger side of the car.

When I said Hello, the young man in the front passenger window said "Hey, What that black P%$^y be like."

Needless to say, this was quite shoking. Even though the young men were a different race than I am, I was not angry, I was disturbed.

Also, because they are young, my mind went into mom-mode. My response was "Boy, how old are you?!" To which he responds that he is 18. My next statement to him was "Then you are too old to be acting this immature."

His next statement disturbed me further. He said, "Oh come on, girl, I'll coke you out."

My heart sank behind this because these kids were either very vulgar or they were high. I was two lanes over so was not able to see who was driving the car or see a license plate on the car.

Before the light changed we exchanged a couple of more statements. I told him I don't do drugs and he shouldn't either because drugs will kill him. His last statement before the light changed was "Come on, let me get your number." We drove off in two different directions.

For the rest of the day this conversation played in my mind and I kept wondering if there was something I could have said that would have been helpful to those young men.

I also kept wondering who in the world was driving the car and listening to this disturbing dialogue and not putting a stop to it.

Last thing is I just pray those young men are okay and they get their minds right. This kind of thing simply shouldn't happen. There is no excuse for it!

What would you have done in this scenario?

No comments:

Post a Comment