Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Rant Wednesday: Kevin Durant is a Warrior now.....and that is okay.

Happy Hump Day, Everyone!

I am having a bit of deja vu on this one. Seems like we were just here and listening to the ranting and raving of upset fans. Now, were are here again.

The difference on this one is the object of all of the comments is Kevin Durant. The first thing I want to say about this is that I love this guy. He is great to watch and also great to listen to in interviews. His heart speaks for itself.

I am sure you all know the story so I will try to keep this one short and sweet. The arguments I have heard range from people believing it was wrong for him to leave the Oklahoma City Thunder to become a member of the Golden State Warriors, to others believing a super star should not be allowed to move to an already great team because it "waters down" the NBA's product.

While I understand the varying opinions on the matter, I cannot understand how so much extreme emotion goes into some of these reactions. From Twitter rants to burning jerseys, how is any of that called for?

If you were offered the opportunity to go outside of your comfort zone but for a substantial amount of money and the best opportunity to meet your goals....and by the way it is only for two years.....wouldn't you do it?

Kevin Durant's decision is not about you......the same as Lebron's decision was not about you..... Buying tickets and being an NBA fan does not give anyone the right to spew hate towards someone because they make a decision, for themselves, that disappoints you.

I am not sure what else to say on the matter so I will open it up to you. What have you heard? What have you seen? What are your thoughts on Kevin Durant taking his talents to Golden State? 

No comments:

Post a Comment