Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Rant Wednesday: How Old is Too Old to Kiss your Child on the Lips?

This week I heard a conversation on a local radio station where there was a major debate on parents kissing their children on the lips.

There were parents on both sides of the argument calling in. While I did not grow up with parents who kissed me on the lips, and I have never kissed my own children on the lips, I will admit it strikes me as odd when the kids are a certain age.

The conversation seemed quite emotional for the parents calling in on each side of this argument. While this is not a personal rant of mine, the ranting from both sides compelled me to discuss it and see what everyone else thinks.

I have seen pictures of parents kissing their children and they seem super sweet when they are very small but I will admit I have seen other pictures or even TV shows where the parent kisses an older child on the lips and it seems inappropriate.

Now granted, I have no basis for this because my family never did it so I am not claiming to be any type of authority on the situation.

As I listened to the argument, I could see points on both sides.

So, what say you on this topic? Is it appropriate to kiss your child on the lips? Is it not? Is there a threshold?

Sound off in the comments section.

Have something you want to rant about in a future edition of Rant Wednesday? Email me at michaidanawrites@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment