Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Rant Wednesday: Just Drive

Today, I was almost run off of the road due to a woman too consumed in her cell phone to pay attention to the road. I was coming off of the freeway and the traffic was merging with drivers coming from the side street and preparing to turn right.

Typically, everyone lets in every other car, or so, to ensure traffic continues to move and no one is in danger. Today, I found myself in a situation where I could not possibly stop without causing an accident and was about to be run off of the road because I could not safely merge in.

I had to blow my horn to get her to look up. Drives me nuts that she then had the nerve to get upset and start yelling.

While I could go on about this, I honestly just want to make a simple appeal that we all Just Drive. We have all been guilty, at some point or another, of trying to multi-task while driving and that simply is not the time to do it.

Lives are at stake. My children were in the car with me this morning and that is honestly what made me more upset than anything. In my eyes, this woman was endangering my children.

Driving is not the time for any of us to look at our phones, put on makeup, eat, look for the things in the car, etc. When we are on the road we owe it to ourselves and to each other to Just Drive.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment