Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Rant Wednesday: Why are you mad about Jay-Z and Beyonce's matching suits?

This morning, as my teenagers and I were flipping through radio stations, we paused on a local station that was discussing matching suits that Jay-Z and Beyonce wore to Usher's movie premiere.

The radio hosts were saying that many people have responded harshly to this. They were taking calls getting opinions from listeners. After the very first call, I turned the station. The caller was saying it was horrible for them to do this.

My first thought was "Why in the world would people have a negative opinion about this?" Once I had a break at work today I went online to see the picture that had everyone commenting.

I found this picture on the Vanity Fair website. Check out the article here. I think it is a beautiful picture. They look lovely. The suits are nice. Beyonce's is a pin-striped grey suit and Jay-Z's is solid grey. They look like a strong couple, in love and enjoying life.

I think it bothered me that people were reacting negatively because I have seen people say negative things about couples before and seen it cause trouble. When couples decide to wear matching outfits, get joint email accounts, joint Facebook accounts, etc, why is that a negative for you?

I will admit that I have this perception that the only people that get mad about these things are people who are dissatisfied with their own relationships, or are perhaps, lonely.

In either case, let couples be who they are. If they are not harming anyone and want to show their unity by wearing matching outfits then be happy for them and root for their relationship to remain strong and successful.

In the meantime, spend more time either grooming your own relationship in the way that works for you and your mate, or just work on yourself so you are ready when the right person comes along.

Thoughts on this?


No comments:

Post a Comment