Monday, May 9, 2016

Monday Fitness: Public Weightloss Journal - Entry #2

Happy Monday Everyone! I hope everyone had a good weekend and you are ready to kick your health goals into high gear this week :)

I want to start this blog post off by thanking everyone for your support. Last week was my first blog entry where I am focusing on my weightloss. It is great accountability and it is honestly exciting!

My weigh-in this morning is at 170.6. It was a great week of discipline with food and what I am drinking. I did not get in much exercise. I walked a few days.

My high focus, right now, is on staying disciplined with what I am eating. In the past, when I have changed my eating habits and started workouts at the same time, I got overwhelmed, would take days off, and eventually get completely off track.

This time, my goal is to stay mentally tough when it comes to food, then incorporate exercise a little bit at a time.

What I noticed this week, is that my biggest struggle has previously been when I wait too long to eat and just grab the closest thing I can get to or stop at the nearest drive through.

When I got busy this week, and realized I had waited to long, these prior fails immediately surfaced for me and I was able to stay disciplined and take a break from my hectic schedule to stop and grab something that I would not feel bad for later.

It feels really good to conquer those kinds of things. I am prepared to continue to move along on this journey to health and wellness. It is so much bigger than a number on a scale.

It is about sustainable habits and finally taking care of my body. My beautiful cousin, Sabrina, is always reminding and encouraging others that we only get one body so we should take great care of it.

Have advice for me or want to share your health journey as well? Comment below or email me at michaidanawrites@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment